MASALA MANGO MANTRA is a canadian blog uniting artists, designs, decor, fashion, food from around the globe and that which is beautiful and sometimes Indian inspired by design

Thursday, March 29, 2012

Wrapping jewelry in Origami envelopes

I love Origami and I try to use it in packaging my jewelry. But for some reason, the boxes that I made increase my shipping costs when I ship them outside of Canada, so I was wondering how to cut my costs there.Home made Gifts Made Easy is a wonderful place to learn how to gift wrap and I have found a lot of inspiration from here

I am gearing up for my second craft show this April and I just happened to learn a new way to package my jewelry. A big thank you to Stephanie and her husband Tobias of Home Made Gifts Made Easy who overnight sent me a tutorial video on how to make these beautiful origami envelopes. Get the HOW TO here



I have to make 100 of these envelopes so that they can be put in a swag bag for the Made by Hand Show. 




I plan to put my business card with a pair of earrings in each envelope. I like that they are secure and come flat. Easy packaging and they look beautiful.

Are you an Origami fan like me? If you are a jewelry designer, how do you package your jewelry? Do you use a box? For the chunky and heavy jewelry that I design, I definitely use boxes, but for earrings, these are my new packages.



3 comments :

  1. Oh those are lovely! I have been thinking of a way to reduce packaging and this seems a great idea.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely idea, especially since there's no use of tapes! Am trying to figure out how to do this

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and writing me a note!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...