MASALA MANGO MANTRA is a canadian blog uniting artists, designs, decor, fashion, food from around the globe and that which is beautiful and sometimes Indian inspired by design

Friday, May 6, 2011

Friday Feature: THE EYES HAVE IT

Please welcome Kimberly Wolff of The Eyes Have It. Kimberly designs bindis, made from Swarovski Crystals and Austrian Crystal Rhinestone Chain. I stumbled upon her store while looking for bollywood goodies on etsy. I am simply bowled over by the originality of the bindi designs and I am so honored to feature  her creations today. 

Kimberly lives on the outstskirts of a small town in the mountains of North Carolina with her husband, niece, great nephew and three cats. 

Kimberly used to work for a home improvement company in Florida but after her move to North Carolina and with no job, she started to think of ways to get creative and get things working for her home and family. Her niece, who is an avid belly dancer and a jewelry artist and clothing designer suggested that Kimberly start making bindis for the belly dancers and that is how the idea sparked and The Eyes Have It  was born.


Kimberly's First designer bindi




Describe your work and style
Although I have a hobby room, I prefer to work in my family room, kicked back in a recliner, with the television on, listening to my favorite court shows. I’ve devoted a lot of my time in the last few months to increasing my inventory so that I have plenty of free time now that the weather is warming to do gardening, landscaping and outdoor projects.

Jeweled false eyelashes for a night out!!!
Many of my bindi designs are unique due to my use of rhinestone and ball chain. I have always had an appreciation for Swarovski Crystal, as evidenced by my curio cabinet, so I have chosen to use only Swarovski Crystals, with the exception of an occasional 1950’s Vintage West Germany Teardrop Crystal. And with Swarovski, you have to use quality findings with them. I mainly use gold-plated, silver-plated, solid brass or copper. Most of my designs have a very dainty, elegant look.


Due to my love for creating sparkly wearable pieces of art, I am always looking for different and unusual findings or adding more colors of crystals. 




Any sources of inspiration

My customers inspire me. The reactions I get from clients, keeps me striving to create more unique and unusual wearable artworks.

After I had ladies purchasing my belly bindis to wear as forehead adornments, I designed the Goddess Forehead Adornment. I renamed my belly bindi “Is It A Belly Bindi or A Forehead Adornment”





How do you promote your creations? Did you participate in any shows or craft fairs?



I enjoy creating and making bindis, but not marketing them. I do love belly dance festivals and conventions, so I vend at any large event that I can. Auralynne (my niece) and I vend together so it makes it more cost effective. Events that we have already or will be vending at includes Rakkasah East (Somerset, NJ), Tribalcon, Southern Fried Burlesque Fest and Black Orchid Danse Festival (all in Atlanta, GA), Asheville Burlesque and Sideshow Festival (Asheville, NC), Tribal Revolution (Chicago, IL) and Miami Belly Dance Convention (Miami, FL). We hope to be adding more events to this list.



Connect with Kimberley




Aren't they simply gorgeous? Don't you think you want to sport one right away? I love bindis and I especially liked the forehead adornment bindi.  Want to pounce on these unique designer bindis, please shop  HERE



2 comments :

Thank you for stopping by and writing me a note!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...